- Freight Transport accounts for 14% of global CO2 emissions.
- SmartWay is an effort from the transportation industry and EPA to reduce carbon footprint.
- Forza Transportation Services is on a quest to improve constantly their energy consumption.
The logistic business can be seen as a simple operation from afar, mostly because we see it as an isolated portion of the economy. But in fact, transport is evolving all the time, more so after the global COVID pandemic.
Freight also faces the challenge to have a positive impact in every community, because, lets face it, freight is everywhere. One of those challenges is cutting down the carbon footprint that the industry generates on a global scale.
Transportation of goods account for a big chunk of global carbon emissions; some sources estimate up to 14% of global CO2 emissions.
SmartWay promote more efficient and sustainable transportation practices.
In the US, the freight industry has the SmartWay program. SmartWay is a partnership between the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the freight industry to promote more efficient and sustainable transportation practices.
By implementing SmartWay best practices, companies in the freight industry can significantly reduce their carbon footprint.
The transportation industry has many paths to efficiency:
- Better vehicles: We are constantly renovating our fleet to have the most fuel-efficient vehicles on the road. That includes SmartWay certified tires and aerodynamic truck components.
- Better routes: We reduce travel distance, emissions, and cost by planning optimized routes. We also monitor our fleet performance with GPS and e-log devices.
- Idle reduction: We implement idle reduction technologies and procedures such as automatic engine shut-off, auxiliary power units, and driver training.
At Forza Transportation Services we are always improving our processes and technology, because we don’t only ensure a better customer service, but also a better use of our resources.
It’s thanks to programs like SmartWay that the transportation industry continues to have a meaningful impact in people’s life.